South Africa is observing 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children from 25 November until 10 December, when the world will be commemorating International Human Rights Day, the day that marks the anniversary of the UN Assembly's adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Government committed to ending GBV
- Ekurhuleni calls for active fight against violence
- Urgent call to address gaps in shelters supporting victims of gender-based violence
- Nzimande speaks out on violence against women at universities
- Government to launch 16 Days of Activism campaign