Small Business Development Minister Lindiwe Zulu has congratulated the newly elected leadership of the National Confederated Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NAFCOC) during its elective conference.
The Minister said she was confident that the new leadership will remain true to the original values that informed the founding fathers of NAFCOC.
“By putting their collective shoulder to the wheel, the founding fathers of NAFCOC have helped to lay a solid foundation for economic justice and broad-based black economic empowerment at a time when the environment was just too hostile to any form of progressive business engagement,” Zulu said.
She said NAFCOC had been an integral part of South Africa's liberation struggle.
“I am proud to be working with an organisation that bravely confronted the harsh realities of apartheid and the policies that sought to keep our people in economic bondage,” Zulu said.
The following office bearers were elected:
- President: Sabelo Macingwane
- Deputy President: Gilbert Mosena
- Senior Vice: Thandazile Khumalo
- Second Vice: Mr Tladi
- Secretary General: Steve Skhosana
- Deputy Secretary General: Dr Gugu Zondi
- Treasure General: Boetie Letsoela
- Chair of province: Isaac Masekwameng
- Additional: Victoria Mali, Simon Ramodike and Dr Mandla Buthelezi