Mbombela - Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza has reshuffled his executive committee to respond to demands from the public that development and service delivery be accelerated.
Announcing the reshuffle during a brief press conference on Wednesday, he said the current executive committee had made significant progress in addressing priorities and challenges raised by the public.
"However, our people demand accelerated development and service delivery. As government, we need to respond with speed," he said.
Mabuza said the public wanted government to speed up service delivery in health and education, create decent employment and sustainable livelihoods, improve the lives of people in rural communities and tackle crime and corruption, "which are so pervasive in our society."
"To this end, I have decided to review the composition of the executive with a view of strengthening leadership capacity to meet the expectations of the electorate," he said. "I have taken into account experience, strengths and commitment to select from a pool of elected representatives."
The new executive is as follows:
* Finance: Pinkie Phosa
* Economic Development and Planning: Norman Mokoena
* Health and Social Development: Dikeledi Mahlangu
* Education: Regina Mhaule
* Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs: Madala Masuku
* Human Settlements: Siphosezwe Masango
* Agriculture, Rural Development and Land Administration: Candith Mashego-Dlamini Public Works, Roads and Transport: Clifford Mkasi
* Safety, Security and Community Liaison: Vusi Shongwe
* Culture, Sport and Recreation: Sibongile Manana