Manhunt launched for tourist's killers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pretoria - Police in the Western Cape have launched a manhunt for two men alleged to have killed a British tourist during a suspected botched hijacking in Gugulethu, at the weekend.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut told BuaNews police were working around the clock to find the perpetrators

"There are no new developments at this stage. Our detectives are still working around the clock to solve the case," said Traut, who declined to divulge the identity of the victims or how they were holding up.

The 28-year-old woman and her 31-year-old husband - who had been married for two weeks - and had arrived in Cape Town on Friday for their honeymoon - were attacked by two armed men at the intersection of NY108 and NY112 around 11pm on Saturday.

The men hijacked their Volkswagen Sharan with the woman still inside the car. The car was owned by a shuttle service company.

A search for the hijacked vehicle led police to Lingelethu West. The kidnapped wife's body was found on the back seat of the vehicle.

Police say that anyone with information relating to the case should call the investigating officer, Riaan Theron, at 082 463 8706 or Crime Stop at 08600 10111.

Most Read